A final post before I turn my attention to decking the halls, singing about Rudolph, and general holiday merriment! Here are a few things I’m looking forward to in 2013….
1. Chris Raschka is releasing a sequel to his Caldecott-winning picture book, A Ball for Daisy. Daisy Gets Lost will be published in the fall – just in time for next year’s holiday season!
2. I can start the library waiting list now for a new picture book called Not That Tutu! by Michelle Sinclair Colman, Not That Tutu! is the story of a girl and her favorite piece of clothing.
3. I’m interested in reading Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World – an adaptation of Tracy Kidder’s book about Farmer’s mission to provide healthcare to some of the world’s poorest people.
4. I don’t know if I’ll make it to London in 2013, but I’d love to visit the Harry Potter Shop at Platform 9 and ¾ at King’s Cross Station. You can buy a Gryffindor sweater or a replica of one of the characters’ wands. Here’s a link to the Guardian’s story about the shop:
5. And finally – Mustache Baby by Bridget Heos. I know nothing about this book, but with a cover this great, 2013 looks promising!
Have a Merry Christmas!